I-751 waiver

Asked 12 months ago - Atlanta, GA

had my interview this past tuesday, immigration officer told me she will approve my case because i have enough documents, and after my interview i never heard anything from uscis(mail or email) or any update on my case online still says INITIAL REVIEW? and its almost 1 week now, pls help atty, thank you so much for your info!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

9

Answered . Relax. The government doesn't move that quickly.

Please see

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Ignore the USCIS website altogether now, since it's never accurate and lags behind. You'll get your green card in the mail and the site will still read "initial review." One week is not long in the immigration world, no matter what the officer might have told you.. Now must get her supervisor's approval, etc. I say it'll take another month or even two. Be patient. You'll get it. It's only a matter of time now. You've waited so long already..

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Don't be so impatient. They don't work on Sat/Sun and the officer probably needed to get approval from a supervisor.

Plus, the online system isn't updated over the weekend.

If it is over 30 days ... then you will have cause for concern.

4. David Nabow Soloway

Answered . The USCIS is inconsistent in the amount of time it takes to complete the adjudication process, but generally after a successful I-751 interview at the USCIS's Atlanta Field Office one may expect to receive a "Green Card" in the mail in 10 - 20 days, but the process could take significantly longer. As others have mentioned, the USCIS does not consistently and timely update its online status service, and so that often is an unreliable indicator.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com