I-751 Transferred from Vermont to California Service Center on 02/25/09. will this change the original receipt date: 0730/08?

Asked over 5 years ago - New York, NY

I filed I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions Of Permanent Resident Status) with the Vermont Service Center and my receipt date is July 30, 2008. I just received a notice from the immigration informing that my case was transferred
to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
The California Processing time for I-751 petitions is 6 months. Does this mean that my new receipt date is going to be February 25, 2009 and I'll have to wait another 6 months for my case to be processed? Please someone help me find out how the transfer works and how it will affect my receipt date or processing time.

1. Sylvia A Miller

Answered . USCIS transfers work around to try to be more efficient. In this case your receipt date will not change. CSC has been relatively fast in processing most I-751s.