I-751 roc

Asked 6 months ago - Chicago, IL

My wife has to remove the conditions on her conditional green car next year ,we have a couple of credit cards together and a joint account,just wondering should I add her name to the titles of the house and the car,and my business just to make the process easier when filing next year

1. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

1

Answered . In reviewing the I-751, the officer will look at a number of factors in their totality in evaluating whether the marriage is bona fide. There is no simple rule for how many or which documents are enough. Having said that, a legitimate home title indicating joint ownership of a home is good proof of a bona fide relationship.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . If initially no documents show the joint legal or financial interests of both spouses and any later added or initiated documents may indicate a questionable nature of that marriage.

3. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

2

Answered . Those are all possible evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship. The question is why was that not done.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . It would probably make it easier if you add her name to the house, car and business. They do look at the totality of the circumstances, but joint assets are a good evidence of the relationship.