Skip to main content

I-751 Requirements

New York, NY |

We submitted joint lease, rental statements, joint tax return, joint bank accnt, life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, car registration, car title, photos.

Is it OK if we provided joint credit card statements 1 year after my spouse received the green card? I know they will be looking the 2 year span of our marriage but we decided to add my spouse in to my credit card account after 1 year because we want to want to use our joint bank account to pay our bills and expenses. we focused on using our joint bank account on our expenses. Will our reason be accepted?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. What you list are reasonably acceptable proofs of a bona fide relationship, I think you are on the right track.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

  2. You may include a copy of your joint credit card bill as well. Any reasonable evidence of good faith relationship will be considered. Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

  3. You should be fine.

    New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

  4. It sounds like you have good documentation. As long as you can show joint financial responsibility for the two years (e.g., through joint bank statements), you should be fine on that issue.

    Viera Buzgova (512) 476-7163. The information above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice specific to your case.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics