I-751 Pending Application and Employment

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I wanted to know with I-751 application pending and expired "Conditional Green Card", am i still authorized to work in the U.S. I heard USCIS will issue a receipt when I-751 is filed that includes a year extension period to the "Conditional Green Card". Do we know whether employers are familiar with the "receipt" that has the extension with an expired green card. I am in the process of changing jobs, just want to make sure i won't have an employment status related issue.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . If your employer isn't familiar with this .. have him/her read this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/m-274.pdf

2. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

3

Answered . You shouldn't have a problem - if you do there is information you can provide to the new employer.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . You are authorized to work. It will help to get a I-551 stamp on your passport evidencing the extension.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . You are OK. You do not need EAD. Employers are familiar. You can also go on infopass and have your passport stamped for a year.