I-751 is in processing and wife is out of country

Asked 9 months ago - Austin, TX

My wife went to India for a year or less for completing her bachelors, i have my I-751 filed for 5 months now, quite possible that i will get an interview call pretty soon, my status is still in initial review so should i call her back if i get the interview call or its ok since she is busy in school there. Are there any chances that my I-751 gets denied if she is not present

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . Yes. Very good ones.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . If you did the I-751 'correctly' and submitted 2+ years of bills, 5+ affidavits, etc. There won't be an interview .. just an approval.

But, if you two haven't filed joint taxes, have a joint residence ... there probably will be an interview ... you'll have 3-4 weeks advance notice ... enough time for her to fly to the US.

You should consider hiring a lawyer to discuss in private why she's going to school in India instead of the US.

3. Angelique Giselle Montes

3

Answered . Given your special circumstances, you should probably hire an immigration attorney, especially if you receive an interview notice and your spouse will be unable to attend.

4. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

1

Answered . Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who has extensive experience handling I-751 petitions. Use Avvo to find an immigration attorney.