I-751 is in processing and wife is out of country

Asked 9 months ago - Austin, TX

My wife went to India for a year or less for completing her bachelors, i have my I-751 filed for 5 months now, quite possible that i will get an interview call pretty soon, my status is still in initial review so should i call her back if i get the interview call or its ok since she is busy in school there. Are there any chances that my I-751 gets denied if she is not present

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. Very good ones.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you did the I-751 'correctly' and submitted 2+ years of bills, 5+ affidavits, etc. There won't be an interview .. just an approval.

    But, if you two haven't filed joint taxes, have a joint residence ... there probably will be an interview ... you'll have 3-4 weeks advance notice ... enough time for her to fly to the US.

    You should consider hiring a lawyer to discuss in private why she's going to school in India instead of the US.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Angelique Giselle Montes

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Given your special circumstances, you should probably hire an immigration attorney, especially if you receive an interview notice and your spouse will be unable to attend.

    Angelique Montes, Esq., Immigration Attorney in Houston, Texas. This is not legal advice and a client-attorney... more
  4. Ili J. Subhan


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who has extensive experience handling I-751 petitions. Use Avvo to find an immigration attorney.

    The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,456 answers this week

3,219 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,456 answers this week

3,219 attorneys answering