I-751 information!

Asked 10 months ago - Raleigh, NC

When I filed and got my conditional 2 year green card I disclosed a charge that I had from 6 years ago ---they were withdrawn and there was diversion so no criminal record exists. This did not impact getting my conditional green card. I will provide the same document to verify the incident on the I 751---will this cause my application to be denied?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Strange question. It did not before.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

3

Answered . It is best to consult an immigration attorney. Generally speaking, if it did not impact your conditional green card it should not impact your permanent green card.

3. Wasleed Ghuneim

3

Answered . Without seeing your entire file, nobody can tell you a concrete yes or no. It is very important that you speak to an experienced immigration attorney regarding the particulars of your arrest. Also very important is reporting everything-even if there is no criminal record. Your immigration file is a cumulative one, meaning the USCIS has everything you have ever disclosed. You might get asked some questions about the arrest but if you are consistent with your answers and it was something that has already been given a green light by USCIS, you should be less worried.

4. Elizabeth Guckes Heetderks

3

Answered . Whenever criminal charges are involved, it is usually best to consult with an immigration attorney to review your complete criminal history and determine whether you are eligible for the benefit sought. It is important to know the type of crime, where it occurred (U.S. or foreign) and the sentence imposed, if any, to determine the U.S. immigration consequences. You do not indicate the nature of the charge/offense or the type of document you submitted to USCIS previously.

In general, if you have ever been arrested or detained by law enforcement for any reason, and charges were filed then dismissed,you should submit an original or court certified copy of the complete arrest record and disposition for each offense. If no charges were ever filed, submit an official statement from the arresting agency that no charges were ever filed. You may want to consult with an immigration attorney to review your criminal charges and make sure you are eligible to apply to Remove the Conditions on your Residence.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . there is not enough information in your facts presented to give you an assessment of the impact. For immigration purposes a diversion program in some circumstances is considered a conviction. As this had been reviewed previously it is likely that it has already been reviewed by CIS and is not an issue. however, this is an important matter and whenever a criminal matter is involved with immigration you are best served by meeting with immigration attorney to review in entirety.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713