I 751 Good Faith Marriage Waiver Interview Result?

New York, NY |

Hello,

Could you please let me know whether the immigration officer tells the immigrant whether their I 751 Good Faith Marriage Waiver is approved or not right after the interview? Or do they send out a letter to tell their decision? My immigration officer told me that they have reviewed the whole file, they are satisfied and will let me know of their decision by mail? Is this a bad sign? Please advise.

Thank You.

1. Maybe. In some cases, No, in others.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. It is not unusual for the officer not to provide the decision at the interview. So I wouldn't say that it's a bad sign.

3. I always tell my clients not to read too much into what they believe the officer indicates during an Adjustment, I-751, Naturalization, or other immigration interview. Sometimes things may seem gloomy, but an approval arrives in the mail. Sometimes the officer says the case will be approved, but then a request for evidence or denial may arrive in the mail. I would say give it about 30-45 days after your interview, and if there is no answer by then, an inquiry can be made.

Jeff Khurgel
    Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
    Office (949) 509-6515
    Web www.khurgel.com
    Email info@khurgel.com

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in all 50 States and Worldwide / 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 / Irvine, CA 92612 / Office: (949) 509-6515 / Direct: (949) 535-6331 / Web: www.khurgel.com / Email: info@khurgel.com / Attorney Khurgel is a former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer.

4. It is not a bad sign. It happens pretty often.. and it can go either way.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only. It should not be construed as legal advice.

5. Not a bad sign. Supervisor reviews then mail out decision to you. Best of luck

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.