I-751 form for Wife & Daughter who applied for residency at same time.

Asked 12 months ago - Bradenton, FL

Even though they applied at the same time, the "backlog" at uscis caused her 7 year old daughter's application to take 10 months longer than my wife's. As I understand it, the 90-day window is based on when the green card was received, not when applied for, meaning we have to submit 2 different 751s, one for my wife now, and one for her daughter in 10 months. Is this correct, or can we include her daughter on the mother's 751?

1. Scott Douglas Devore

Answered . If your daughter was approved more than 90 days after your wife's green card was approved you do need to file two separate I-751's. That is unfortunate as it is going to cost you a second filing fee but that is the way that it is. You still should list all of your wife's children on the I-751 but you do need to file a separate Petition.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

Answered . Under these facts it will appear that two petitions will be required and each must be documented to stand on its own. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for advice on how best to proceed.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You will need two I-751s.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.