Skip to main content

I 751 denied

New York, NY |

I never got a letter that USCIS requested documents additional from me and sent denial to me i got it today. What should i do now

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


you sshould either file a motion to reopen Form i 290B based on lack of notice or refile i 751 with a proper explanation as it will be considered to be filed untimely at that point


Your case will be reviewed by an Immigration Judge.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


Your recourse depends on the grounds for the denial. USCIS must commence removal proceedings. You can either renew your application before an immigration judge if the I-751 was denied for material reasons. If it was only denied on formal grounds, you must re-file with USCIS. Best advice is to see an immigration attorney for an assessment of your case.


I would suggest that you meet with experienced immigration counsel. An immigration attorney would be able to review all of the documents in your initial I-751 for sufficiciency and the resulting denial notice in order to determine your best course of action. The reason for denial is important but there are many other factors to review . I hope this was helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer