I-751 Approved, but on Supervisor Hold

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

Had my interview 8 days ago and it went very good. Went back to the USCIS office for my brothers I-751 interview. After the interview the officer looked up my case and it said I was approved but my case was currently under *supervisor hold*. She said it could be because I did an address change 2 weeks ago. Is this going to increase the wait time on my green card a lot? Should this be something to worry about, or does this happen a lot? I was approved only 7 days ago!

Thank You

I am not sure why you should be worried. Come back to USCIS in a month on an infopass if you get no decision by then.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Either your case was approved or it was not. There is no such thing as a "supervisor hold" after approval.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

3. I am guessing that what the officer meant is that he /she is approving the case, but it has to be rubber stamped by the supervisor. As Mr. Segal suggested, you can follow up after 30 days. And consider hiring an experienced attorney to help you.

4. Your file may have been pulled for further administrative review, or it may be that the officer who interviewed you is simply waiting for his or her supervisor to give the OK. Either way, all you can do is wait. If more than 30 days pass, I suggest you make an InfoPass appointment at that Field Office to see what is going on..

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only. We are a full-service immigration and criminal defense law firm, representing clients in all 50 states and worldwide. Kristy Figueroa-Contreras, Esq., kristy@negri-torres.com, NEGRI, TORRES & FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS, PA, The Minorca, Suite 214, 2030 South Douglas Road, Miami, FL 33134, Tel. (305) 639-8599. Hablamos español. Falamos português.

Marriage and prenups topics