I-751 Application

I mailed my I-751 application last April 15, 2013 (certified mail) to California Service Center and they received it April 18, 2013. My GC will expire on May 06, 2013. I'm really concerned now because I'm not getting any letter from them, not even the receipt notice. I mailed it within the 90 days, is there any chance they might deny my application? Thanks! I really ne ed you help.

Los Angeles, CA -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

An I-751 receipt is issued within 2-3 weeks after receipt at the USCIS CSC, not before. YOu need to be patient.

They never "deny" an I-751, but if there is any information or documentation that USCIS thinks is missing, you'll get an RFE giving you the opportunity to provide the additional or missing proof.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Visit uscis on an inforpass and have you passport stamped

Monica S Kinene

Monica S Kinene

Immigration Attorney - Chamblee, GA

From the information you provided, it seems that your application was received about ten days ago. It can take anywhere from two to three weeks to receive a receipt notice from USCIS.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Do you really thing that they're going to send you a receipt within 10 days?????

Yes, you mailed within the 90 days .. but you really cut it close.

You'll probably get a receipt by May 6th ... which is about 2-3 weeks from when you filed.

Sure, they can deny the application. But, as long as you sent in all the proper papers .. it will most likely 'pass' the initial review and you'll get a receipt and fingerprint notice.

It's not too late to take a copy of your application to an immigration attorney for him/her to review.

Lots of people that do the I-751 send in 'light' applications ... not enough notarized affidavits, several years (not just recent) worth of bank/utility/tax statements.