I-751 Address change = Service Center transfer?

First of all, thank you for providing valuable information on immigration law. I jointly filed an I-751 to the California Service Center in November, but relocated to North Carolina in January. I completed my biometrics in CA this past December and my application is still being processed, within the regular USCIS time frame. Should I expect my application to be transferred from the CA Center to the VT Center, possibly causing a delay, or would it be processed at the CA Center, as filed?

Chapel Hill, NC -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Yes, it will most likely be transfered. Whether after the decision in CSC or before, I do not know but it will be if you filed the AR11 form with them as you are required to do. If it is, you should be happy since Vermont is a muh better venue to have your application decided. In my humble opinion.

Jorge Ivan Pardo

Jorge Ivan Pardo

Immigration Attorney - Charlotte, NC

You should call USCIS customer Service at 800-375-5283 just to be sure that the service center has your updated address. Sometimes, filing the AR-11 is not enough.

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

If you have moved you must make notice to the CIS by submitting the AR11. While this may result in a delay (It may not) you must still make the notification.

919.225.3963
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationNC.com
Robert Brown LLC
2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

If you have not yet filed the AR-11, do so immediately. Whether your case stays at CA or gets moved to VT will depend on the timing of the AR-11 and how much CSC had done in adjudicating it.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.