Skip to main content

I-751 Address change = Service Center transfer?

Chapel Hill, NC |

First of all, thank you for providing valuable information on immigration law. I jointly filed an I-751 to the California Service Center in November, but relocated to North Carolina in January. I completed my biometrics in CA this past December and my application is still being processed, within the regular USCIS time frame. Should I expect my application to be transferred from the CA Center to the VT Center, possibly causing a delay, or would it be processed at the CA Center, as filed?

AR-11 was filed in January, as required by USCIS.

Attorney Answers 4


Yes, it will most likely be transfered. Whether after the decision in CSC or before, I do not know but it will be if you filed the AR11 form with them as you are required to do. If it is, you should be happy since Vermont is a muh better venue to have your application decided. In my humble opinion.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


If you have not yet filed the AR-11, do so immediately. Whether your case stays at CA or gets moved to VT will depend on the timing of the AR-11 and how much CSC had done in adjudicating it.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


If you have moved you must make notice to the CIS by submitting the AR11. While this may result in a delay (It may not) you must still make the notification.

Robert Brown LLC
2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You should call USCIS customer Service at 800-375-5283 just to be sure that the service center has your updated address. Sometimes, filing the AR-11 is not enough.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics