I-751 Address change = Service Center transfer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chapel Hill, NC

First of all, thank you for providing valuable information on immigration law. I jointly filed an I-751 to the California Service Center in November, but relocated to North Carolina in January. I completed my biometrics in CA this past December and my application is still being processed, within the regular USCIS time frame. Should I expect my application to be transferred from the CA Center to the VT Center, possibly causing a delay, or would it be processed at the CA Center, as filed?

Additional information

AR-11 was filed in January, as required by USCIS.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes, it will most likely be transfered. Whether after the decision in CSC or before, I do not know but it will be if you filed the AR11 form with them as you are required to do. If it is, you should be happy since Vermont is a muh better venue to have your application decided. In my humble opinion.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Jorge Ivan Pardo

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You should call USCIS customer Service at 800-375-5283 just to be sure that the service center has your updated address. Sometimes, filing the AR-11 is not enough.

  3. Robert Louis Brown


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have moved you must make notice to the CIS by submitting the AR11. While this may result in a delay (It may not) you must still make the notification.

    Robert Brown LLC
    2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

  4. Andrew Marino Bramante

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If you have not yet filed the AR-11, do so immediately. Whether your case stays at CA or gets moved to VT will depend on the timing of the AR-11 and how much CSC had done in adjudicating it.

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,777 answers this week

2,856 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,777 answers this week

2,856 attorneys answering