I-751 Address change = Service Center transfer?

Chapel Hill, NC |

First of all, thank you for providing valuable information on immigration law. I jointly filed an I-751 to the California Service Center in November, but relocated to North Carolina in January. I completed my biometrics in CA this past December and my application is still being processed, within the regular USCIS time frame. Should I expect my application to be transferred from the CA Center to the VT Center, possibly causing a delay, or would it be processed at the CA Center, as filed?

AR-11 was filed in January, as required by USCIS.

Yes, it will most likely be transfered. Whether after the decision in CSC or before, I do not know but it will be if you filed the AR11 form with them as you are required to do. If it is, you should be happy since Vermont is a muh better venue to have your application decided. In my humble opinion.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. If you have not yet filed the AR-11, do so immediately. Whether your case stays at CA or gets moved to VT will depend on the timing of the AR-11 and how much CSC had done in adjudicating it.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

3. If you have moved you must make notice to the CIS by submitting the AR11. While this may result in a delay (It may not) you must still make the notification.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com
    Robert Brown LLC
    2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

4. You should call USCIS customer Service at 800-375-5283 just to be sure that the service center has your updated address. Sometimes, filing the AR-11 is not enough.