I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

In filing for I-751 DO we need to submit Documents of joint cohabitation after the marriage itself( The immigration officer at ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS the interview took a lot of documents then which i do not even remember)
OR
The documents after the conditional green card was APPROVED at the Adjustment of Status Interview?

1. Kevin D Slattery

Pro

6

Answered . Yes, absolutely. In supplying a reasonable amount of documents (accumulated since approval of the adjustment of status case) that demonstrates thoroughly the bona fides of your marriage, you reduce the likelihood that USCIS will even call you in for an interview on this case. That is not to say that they can't call you in for an interview, but supplying up-front bona fides evidence minimizes the chance of receiving a Request for Evidence letter or being asked to attend an interview.

2. Akanksha Kalra

7

Answered . You should present documentary evidence to show that you have been in a good faith, bonafide marital relationship and that you continue to live together as a married couple even after the conditional "green card" was approved

3. J Charles Ferrari

7

Answered . Both. it is your burden to prove once again that your marriage is a real marriage and not one just for a green card.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

6

Answered . The Officer would like to see documents showing joint cohabitation after conditional residency was granted.

5. Paul Alphonso Palacios

3

Answered . If I understand your answer correctly you are asking whether you need to submit the same documents you have already submitted or you need to submit additional documents that you did not submit previously.

The residence you gain at the beginning of the process is conditional and the purpose of that is for you to prove that this marriage is true so that the government can remove the condition on your residence. As I tell my clients every time they get approved for conditional residence, as you live your life during the 2-year conditional residence period you have to accumulate as much additional evidence of the marriage as possible. If you do that and you submit sufficient evidence to immigration when you file the I-751, they may approve it without even scheduling an interview.

6. Danny Garmo

4

Answered . The burden of proof is on the applicant so provide as much information of the bona-fide good-faith relationship from the date of marriage until now. Documents are taxes, bank statements, insurance, affidavits of family or friends, leases/mortgages/rental agreements, etc. etc. This is not a complete list. The more the better. Officers also like to see color pictures of the couple over the years so supply them. Any trips/honeymoons/vacations records should also be provided.