I-751? is it that easy?

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverside, CA

I was going over the application to remove conditions i-751 and it look very simple. His conditional permanent residence expires this year September 7. We are still happily married. We live together and had our first son 10 months ago. Some things we have to prove our marriage is joint back accounts, joint health insurance from his employer, joint car insurance, joint taxes, our son, family pictures etc. Do you think it will be a smart idea to apply without the help of anyone. Or should i seek the help of an attorney? We have limited budget, and do not know if an attorney will charge that much for such a simple application. ( well in my case)

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Try to apply on your own and see what happens. In your case since you are still married and jointly filing and especially also because you have a child together, approving your case shouldn't be too difficult.

Make sure to follow the instructions and attach as much documentary evidence as possible, from the day of your marriage to present.

2. Liza Regina Galindo

Answered . Although it is not required to hire an attorney in any immigration proceeding, sometimes it's best to make a little investment to make sure the process goes well. If you're game for trying on your own, MAKE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. A simple error could end up delaying the case or worst result in a denial for failure to meet a technical requirement.