Skip to main content

I-751 - Don't have enough supporting documentation

Rockville, MD |

Hi,it’s almost time to file for my I-751. My husband and I live with his parents. So, no rent/utility bills in our name.My husband is in school and he only works part time.We don’t have any joint bank accounts/credit cards.We’ve no children yet.Our car is in my husband’s name.We filed our tax return last year as married filing separately.The only evidence that I can show are:- My husband is a dependent on my medical insurance provided by my employer.
- Plenty of pictures ,our marriage certificate.
- Can provide affidavits.
- We are planning to include my name on the car title
- Envelopes and mail addressed to us jointly
- Vacation photos and itinerary
- Letter from my in-laws that we live with them
- Address proof for us both
I’m afraid that these will not be enough.Any help is appreciated

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    In general, you should describe your story and situation with full detail. Each case has its facts, but it should be a reasonable story. In addition, you should prepare for an interview if your facts are not very comprehensive. You better ask for help from an attorney, otherwise the chances of getting RFE is high.

  2. You should talk to an attorney ... especially about why you filed your taxes the way you did.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics