I-751 - Don't have enough supporting documentation

Asked 9 months ago - Rockville, MD

Hi,it’s almost time to file for my I-751. My husband and I live with his parents. So, no rent/utility bills in our name.My husband is in school and he only works part time.We don’t have any joint bank accounts/credit cards.We’ve no children yet.Our car is in my husband’s name.We filed our tax return last year as married filing separately.The only evidence that I can show are:- My husband is a dependent on my medical insurance provided by my employer.
- Plenty of pictures ,our marriage certificate.
- Can provide affidavits.
- We are planning to include my name on the car title
- Envelopes and mail addressed to us jointly
- Vacation photos and itinerary
- Letter from my in-laws that we live with them
- Address proof for us both
I’m afraid that these will not be enough.Any help is appreciated

1. Ali Herischi

1

Best Answer

Answered . In general, you should describe your story and situation with full detail. Each case has its facts, but it should be a reasonable story. In addition, you should prepare for an interview if your facts are not very comprehensive. You better ask for help from an attorney, otherwise the chances of getting RFE is high.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . You should talk to an attorney ... especially about why you filed your taxes the way you did.