I-601A Provisional waiver process?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hermosa, SD

I'm applying for I-601 A Does anybody know how long will I have to leave to my home country? and when I came back how long will it take me to Get a green card.? My friend applied for I-601 She left 5 months ago and still they have not responded yet, will it take the same time for them to respond me?

Additional information

We are Definitely hiring Attorney.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The targeted goal is 4-6 months. If everything is approved after the consular interview the person comes back and green card arrives within a month. Do yourself and your family a favor - hire an experienced attorney. 601s are difficult.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Roberto Javier Rivera

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Waivers are not something that you should file on your own. It is very important that you hire a immigration attorney who has experience in waiver practice. Waivers are highly detailed and document oriented packages. Poorly documented and hastily submitted packets could lead to waste of both time and money. In general, best case scenario, it takes 4-6 months for waivers to be adjudicated. Good luck with your waiver application.

  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First of all, no one knows that. It is always a risk that you take. As you know, provisional waiver is not guaranteed. It may be a short trip. It may be a permanent return to your home country. This is why doing it without an attorney as an extra risk you take. If you do have an attorney, ask these questions there, not on Avvo.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  4. John Grayson Davidson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with both of my colleagues. I would add that you might look to Avvo to find your attorney. It's a wonderful resource.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  5. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For at least a couple of weeks.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,041 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,041 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering