I-601 Approval: Next Steps

New York, NY |

My father’s I-601 waiver was approved over 1 year after his first visa appointment in Ciudad Juarez. Are there any documents that we will have to re-do/ re-submit? Does he have to have another medical exam and fingerprints taken?

Wait for the package from the consulate . Call or email them to speed up the process.

Congratulations!! Now wait for the instructions that will be sent to your father by the Juarez consulate. Those will contain detailed instructions regarding what needs to be done to conclude this case and for him to finally obtain his immigrant visa and come to the US.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

The consulate will inform him on what needs to be updated.

Inform the consulate about it and they will call your dad for an interview.

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.