Skip to main content

I-539 and H1 applicant's criminal record

Raleigh, NC |

My husband employer plans to apply for H4 extension for my son and myself along with H1 extension for my husband.My husband has a speeding misdemeanor in record.Now I-129 in his case does not ask anything about criminal history.However I-539 asks about criminal convictions.My question is do I need to mention my husband's criminal conviction in I-539,or its just related to the dependents(Wife and kid).We do not have any criminal record whatsoever.

Attorney Answers 3



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


No, the I-539 is your application, not your husband's.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


No as the I-539 pertains to you and your son not your spouse.


Robert Brown LLC
2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics