I-485 withdrawn/abandoned/rejected, any differences in terms of future immigrant/non-immigrant visa applications?

Chicago, IL |

1. Depends. Some withdrawn I-485s lead to removal proceedings. The fact that the 485 was filed is also an indication of immigrant intent which makes it hard to apply for non-immigrant visas. That said every case is different and every person's reasons for withdrawing and application is different.

JP Sarmiento
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com

2. Consult an immigration lawyer.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

3. It depends if you overstayed and if there are any other immigration violations.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

4. Maybe. It really depends on the specific facts.

Dhenu Savla, Esq
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

5. It all depends on why the I-485 was withdrawn/abandoned/rejected. However, any previous application can be examined while an immigration officer is adjudicating future applications. This could influence the decision if there were misrepresentations or other issues on the old applications.