I-485 was denied and reopened

Miami, FL |

I checked USCIS web-site and it says: On October 15, 2013, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 15, 2013, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. But I didn't receive anything by Oct 31st, and I called them. They took my information and told that if I wouldn't receive anything within 15 days I need to call back again. But on Nov 7th I found that my case was reopened. Question is what is all about?

1. Congratulations. Now you should hire an immigration attorney to make sure it is not denied again.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. You would be best advised to schedule an infopass appointment to find out what happened.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

3. I agree with my colleagues, you should find a way either via inforpass or by hiring an attorney to get to the bottom of the issue of the denial.