I-485 RFE Response

Asked 10 months ago - Hartford, CT


I sent my RFE response to P.O.Box address given in the RFE letter/Yellow sheet. I posted through USPS.

P.O.Box 852381
Mesquite, TX 75185-2381

1. Is it okay to sent to PO Box address?
2. How soon we will see the status changed online?


Attorney answers (4)

  1. Lourdes Milagros Leal Oteiza

    Contributor Level 11
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes, the PO Box address was the correct place to send your RFE response. USCIS does not always update the online case status system automatically so it will likely be within the next week or two that you see a change of status noting that your RFE Response was received.

    This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . 1. Yes, that was OK, you did all right.
    2. I wouldn't "hold my breath" on this one, as the USCIS online status site is notorious for not being updated on "real time". I would say a month or even more.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  3. Scott Thomas Helsper


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Sending to the address on the RFE was correct. It will take 10 to 30 days for the online case status to be updated.

  4. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You have to mail the information requested to the address they ask o mail it to. Once they receive the information and process it, the status will be changed online if changed in their system.

    This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,581 answers this week

2,898 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,581 answers this week

2,898 attorneys answering