Skip to main content

I-485 RFE for spouse and child

Houston, TX |

I got RFE for my dependents spouse and child. The RFE states that, applicant should provide Chest X-ray full and formal report, signed by radiologist in letter head. The RFE is same for spouse and child. I have couple of questions,

1. Is original X-ray must be submitted? and whether originally signed by radiologist?
2. Should force doctor to provide this even if they not agreed to send X-Ray and signature by radiologist?
3. I got separate RFE for spouse and child (Same thing asked). Can I send RFE response & documents for spouse and daughter in same envelope? OR Separate envelope for each one?


Attorney Answers 1

  1. You probably got an RFE because you do not have an immigration attorney handling your cases (correct?). You are asking for detailed and specific legal advice as to your case and this forum is for general guidance only, therefore it would be in your best interest to take your query directly to an immigration attorney in your area so that person can see what you have filed (hopefully you kept copies of everything) and what precisely needs to be filed.

    This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics