I-485 RFE

Glenside, PA |

Hi,

My GC approved, dependents got RFE related to medical reports. Replied to the RFE, the status is still RFE Response Review for past 30 days. What are the options I have to get the latest update or expedite process?

1. Raising SR for RFE Review pending?
2. Getting latest case processing details through Congressman?
3. Is there any implications on my case if I go through Congressman?
4. Generally, how long USCIS will take to approve case after RFE Response. Mine EB1 category, so it will be current.

Experts, please advice.

Thanks

USCIS has up to 60 days after receiving your response to make a decision, which does not appear to apply to your case yet. If you have not received a decision within 60 days, you can place a service request with the service center to expedite the decision. Unless there are exigent circumstances, this is not a type of issue that warrant any congressman involvement.

2. It wouild be extremely foolish to deal with any RFE pro se without a full and legally appropriate review by an experienced immigration counsel of your choice before you act.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

3. Be patient, 30 days is not a long time ... don't even think about contacting a Congressperson until it has been more than 6 months.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.