I-485 request for evidence

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I submitted my I-485 appropriately 4 weeks ago. Today I receive a RFE from USCIS. They are requesting proof of lawful admission. Along with my I-485 I submitted my FOIA response from CBP which included my I-94 number, date of admission and class or admission etc. In 2010, I lost my passport so I don't have my original I-94 and stamp. What do I do??

1. Lachezar Vanchev

3

2

Answered . You should have filed an I-102 with your initial I-485. I would definitely consult with an experienced immigration attorney but probably your best bet would be to file the I-102 immediately and then, if the I-102 is not adjudicated within 80 days, respond to the RFE with a letter explaining that you have filed an I-102, a copy of the I-102 receipt notice plus the same CBP response that you have already submitted. Make sure that your response to the RFE gets to USCIS before the deadline.
    If your I-485 is denied you can apply again, you are only going to have to pay the I-485 fees again.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Best to hire an attorney to deal with this and properly respond to USICS within the time allotted.
    A Form I-102 application could give you a duplicate of the I-94 card you obtained upon admission, but you don't have time for that, nor do you have a passport with an admission stamp to show USCIS.
    Hire an attorney ASAP.

3. Jesus Novo III

2

Answered . You need to consult in person with an immigration attorney who would review the RFE to determine exactly they are asking for. If you have a FOIA response, whatever documents you need may be there. Good luck.