I-485 QUESTION

Asked about 1 year ago - Bangall, NY

Am an Indian citizen - left US while AOS pending. I-485 approval coming close within a month. Had AP when I left US, but lost it in India. So, continued to stay in India and it expired an year ago. But recently obtained B1 and travelled into US 2 times using B1. Immigration office at POE asked if i filed AP in the past and I said Yes. If GC is approved. Is the GC still valid for me? Can I use that to come back and live and work in the US? Please help to understand if there are options that I could use to make my wait (for more than 10 years) worth it. Please help. Case details - EB3-India PD - Jan 2003.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . You have BIG problems.

Travel to the US on a B 'cements' the fact that you abandoned your I-485.

Talk to your immigration lawyer ... this is serious.

2. Ji Min Kim

Pro

5

Answered . You probably abandoned your 485. Consult with an immigration attorney.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague. It appears your application has been abandoned and you may have to reapply. Consult with an immigration attorney for a thorough assessment.

4. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that your I-485 appears to have been abandoned. You will have to sit down with an immigration lawyer and fully discuss the sequence of events until now.