I-485 interview - are all applicants interviewed?

San Francisco, CA |

I am a Canadian and I applied for the I485 through marriage to a US citizen. Today, I received an email stating that: they had mailed me: an appointment notice for an interview for July 22, 2013. Please follow the instructions on the notice. Does this mean I have an interview? Are all applicants interviewed?

1. All marriage based cases require an interview.

"Does this mean I have an interview?" What else would an interview notice be for?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Yes. Virtually all applicants are interviewed.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. Yes. IT means what it says.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. This is standard procedure. Go to the interview with the documents listed on the notice.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.