I-485 Form Part 3- Current Occupation

San Juan, PR |

My wife is petitioning for me, what should I fill in current occupation? I'm currently in the US, not working, but still have my business abroad, should I put what I do in my business abroad, or should I put unemployed, since that's my situation right now in the US?

Your current occupation is "homemaker".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, you are currently unemployed.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Identify the business and its location and write "owner".

You can write "currently not working in the USA but I own a business in ..." if you would like to be entirely correct.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Excellent answer Aneliya

John K Lassen

John K Lassen

Aneliya Angelova is the lawyer to call...