I-485 based on marriage: Processing time at Los Angeles?

Filed under: Immigration

I filed my i-485 based on marriage to USC in May. it is now August 15th and i have still not received my interview letter. i was surfing through immigration forums and many people who filed at a later date then i have already received their interview letters; some have already completed their interview!

i am wondering if Los Angeles field office is particularly slow in their processing time? when can i expect to get my interview letter?

i checked the USCIS website and it says that as of May 31st, the LA office was adjuscating cases filed in Nov 2010. does this mean im going to have to wait additional 3-4 months to get my interview scheduled?

Hello,

Each of the field offices has different processing times. The USCIS's website just provides rough estimates. If it stated that it was processing cases filed in November 2010, then, yes, you will most likely have to wait several more months.

Please email me if you have additional questions or concerns.

Franklin Tzeng, Esq.

This response is not legal advice or opinion and should not be construed as such. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Franklin Tzeng, Esq. is a practicing immigration attorney in Alhambra, CA. For more information, please visit facebook.com/franklintzengesq (Facebook Page), franklintzeng.com (Main Page), or franklintzengesq.com (Immigration Law Page).

Estimated processing times are posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.