I-485 based on marriage: Processing time at Los Angeles?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I filed my i-485 based on marriage to USC in May. it is now August 15th and i have still not received my interview letter. i was surfing through immigration forums and many people who filed at a later date then i have already received their interview letters; some have already completed their interview!

i am wondering if Los Angeles field office is particularly slow in their processing time? when can i expect to get my interview letter?

i checked the USCIS website and it says that as of May 31st, the LA office was adjuscating cases filed in Nov 2010. does this mean im going to have to wait additional 3-4 months to get my interview scheduled?

1. Franklin Tzeng

Answered . Hello,

Each of the field offices has different processing times. The USCIS's website just provides rough estimates. If it stated that it was processing cases filed in November 2010, then, yes, you will most likely have to wait several more months.

Please email me if you have additional questions or concerns.

Franklin Tzeng, Esq.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Estimated processing times are posted on the USCIS website.