I-485 based on asylum

Chicago, IL |

I applied for asylum with my Famaly and got approved in 2011I had very good evidence haw I was abused in my country beaded etc . In very short time My brother run from the country to USA and he filled out for asylum based on my case and he also had a lot of evidence . He doesn't have the response yet after interview , but I should have interview for I-485 since I applied for i485 it is already 6 month and till today I dint got interview date , I'm worry can my brother effect me with his pending asylum case , why my case I-485 pending for 6 month and I still didn't got interview date . There is possible because of my brother pending case they holding my interview date ????
Thank you for your response !!!!!!!

No, rest assured. The 2 cases are totally unrelated and will have no bearing on one another. Just be patient a little longer. Can always make an I FOPASS appointment to inquire at your local USCIS District office where you are waiting to be interviewed, but they will tell you nothing you don't know already.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Unless his story conflicts with yours ... you shouldn't worry.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. You should not have problems.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Don't worry. 6 months is still normal waiting time for you to be hearing back on your interview date. Your brother's case - unless significantly contradictory to yours - would cause you no problems. Best of luck to both of you!

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

5. Your AOS should be adjudicated based on your statutory provisional eligibility and has no relation to the other case of your sibling.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com