I-485 Application Processing Timeline

Lakewood, CA |

My wife arrived in the US as a minor (15 yr old) approximately 11 years ago. She was on her parent's asylum case which was still in court hearing when we got married 2 years ago. We applied for the I-130 which was approved a couple of months ago. She was recently removed from the asylum case in order to apply for her residency through marriage. We are planning to apply for the I-485 this week. Just had a question on timeline or any other requirements before doing so? Also, how long does the I-485 process usually take?

1. Provided she qualifies and there are no factors to affect the process it will take 3 or 4 months if adjusting through the USCIS. If you are going through the courts it will depend on the court docket.

2. I agree with Ms. Mulder: if there are no complications.... However, I would estimate the timeline a bit longer right now and part of that is just based on my conservative nature on things like this.

3. I would try and agree with Attorney Mulder's optimistic assessment. I am a bit skeptical on the timing but who knows, maybe USCIS will be very efficient in your case.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.