I-485 Application

New York, NY |

I am adjusting my status to LPR through my US citizen parent. What do I write on the application where is ask CURRENT USCIS STATUS? My I-94 expired in 2006 and I recently got approved for Deferred Action in October 2012.

1. IT depends on your current age

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. It does depend on your age and on what status if ANY you came to the US with. If you were brought over as a child and entered as a EWI - entry without inspection, then there is not much you could state for your status -- I assume that is why a DACA application was granted to you in October 2012. I have seen people in your situation simply state "none" or "out of status" or " ___ visa overstay." It does depend.

The comments provided are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Information provided as part of this posting, does not create an attorney-client relationship between the attorney and the questioner. The opinions expressed are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

3. If you are under 21 and are eligible to adjust you can put "adjustment applicant."

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

4. DACA beneficiary, or approved DACA application. You essentially were an overstay, but you were granted a deferred action. It's not a big deal if you write it incorrectly. Just explain in your cover letter what happened to you and what you were granted.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com