I-485 Application

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am adjusting my status to LPR through my US citizen parent. What do I write on the application where is ask CURRENT USCIS STATUS? My I-94 expired in 2006 and I recently got approved for Deferred Action in October 2012.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . IT depends on your current age

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

2

Answered . DACA beneficiary, or approved DACA application. You essentially were an overstay, but you were granted a deferred action. It's not a big deal if you write it incorrectly. Just explain in your cover letter what happened to you and what you were granted.

3. Igor A. Voloshen

4

Answered . It does depend on your age and on what status if ANY you came to the US with. If you were brought over as a child and entered as a EWI - entry without inspection, then there is not much you could state for your status -- I assume that is why a DACA application was granted to you in October 2012. I have seen people in your situation simply state "none" or "out of status" or " ___ visa overstay." It does depend.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . If you are under 21 and are eligible to adjust you can put "adjustment applicant."