I-485 and I 589

San Jose, CA |

i receive the latter from uscis on feb 19 ,2013
On February 19, 2013, we transferred your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.
and also i receive another latter for biometric on april 24, 2013 for I-589 i finished my finger print on 27th april 2013 and still i am waiting for result i dont know what is next
**************This is Detail Information About My case***************
i was entry to U.S by my father asylum after my entry after two years i applied for green card meanwhile in this processing time my father become citizen then after 7 months USCIS send me a mail ---you are not longer under your father asylum you have to apply your asylum file ,then file I-589 in 01/04 /2013 i finished my biometric but until now i didn't have any answer from immigration .and my I-485 is still in pending ...but i am confused because some people told me your case is not easy they are not going to give you green card so i am worry i have a business and i want to move from California to charlotte so what can i do what is the solution .......thanks - edit

Why haven't you met with an attorney yet?

This is not simple .... get help.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

i have met with a lawyer but some lawyers told me you have to marry to same one a citizen but i dont understand what is that mean

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Why didn't you hire the lawyer that you met with?

the lawyer told me its hard to solve the only way is marry some one this idea make me confuse

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Then find a lawyer that doesn't confuse you and hire/him/her. We're strangers. This is an internet blog ... don't make any decisions (other than to hire a lawyer) based on what you read here.

First of all, under no circumstances should you move from the most liberal asylum (not only) jurisdiction in the entire US to the "deep" south, where they are only "friendly" towards German and Japanese executives working for the local BMW, Toyota and Honda plant.. Can you imagine how asylum applicants are treated down South? (You don't want to know..)
Your chances of getting your own asylum case are great in the SF district, and especially so if your parents were already granted and you fled your country of birth at the same time as them.. Hire the best attorney money can buy in San Jose or SF to represent and assist you in this case, if you haven't do so already.. Your future in this country is at stake, and if you think to be able to pull this yourself, you'll be in for a bitter surprise, and it might be too late by then... I hope you are smarter than that.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder

Wow. How do you really feel?

so what is the best way to hire lawyer or to wait until they call me for interview for SF

Retain an immigration attorney experienced in asylum cases to represent you. An attorney may also - after a review of your case - find that you have alternative means of adjusting status. In the mean time you may be eligible for DACA or TPS.
Forum shopping is a big No No. You must file your application according to the location of your permanent residence.

so how it is work i am so worry by my case .....do i have to wait until they give me my greencard or what is the best way