I-360 approved by Vawa application and I-485 denied

Asked almost 2 years ago - Perris, CA

I just have the interview and the official told me that was a denial because by the time when I cross the border I have a card that wasn't my and they toke my finger prints and send my back to Mexico this happen 13 years ago then I cross again 4 days after and this time the official let get in without check the card I show him and he just wave his hand and let me go in and I just walk trow, my question is: can I ask for pardon or appeal or motion? what I should do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is not a general question. You are asking for a consultation. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Hire an immigration attorney for that.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Sounds like you commited fraud and, in addition, you are a recidivist. You need to talk to an immigration attorney immediately. The attorney will ask you for the denial letter and about your family in USA in order to determine if you qualify for any relief.

Related Topics

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Leon Versfeld

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

The rule of thumb in US immigration status is:"You can not change status if you are not in status." This means that if your non-immigrant status has expired (i.e. B1-visitor), you can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,527 answers this week

3,924 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,527 answers this week

3,924 attorneys answering