I-360- approved June 2013 -- I-485 filed July 2013

Pasadena, TX |

My questions is what will be asked at the interview and what is the chances of it getting denied??, my abuser was killed in 2010 I applied for the I-360 in dec 2011 and approved june 2013, now ive mailed off the I-4885 I just want some information on what will happen at the interview, will I have to speak on the abuse or??? PLEASE HELP. Since his death ive had another child will that bring any concerns to the case worker?? Not re-married just had a child!!

1. Your I-360 has been approved and that petition was where you had to submit evidence of the abuse. The adjustment interview should focus only upon your ability to adjust status. The interviewing officer may ask some questions about the abuse and your relationship to your former husband, but that should not be the focus of the interview itself. Most of the questions should focus on what I call the rude and personal questions (concerning your background and moral character). You should really consult with a qualified immigration attorney about your adjustment interview to help settle your mind. Also, the fact that you have had another child since getting out of the relationship will not affect your ability to adjust. Your life is not expected to stop because you were the victim of domestic violence. I am happy that you are out of the abusive relationship and wish you the best of luck with your adjustment interview.

2. You will asked the questions on the I-485 from.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Here is the best help that can be offered under the circumstances - hire an immigration attorney to prepare your for the interview and accompany you there. If you cannot afford one, you can try and qualify for free legal help at the www.immigrationlawhelp.org

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. I tell my clients dealing with USCIS that the biggest reason they are hiring me is the interview. A good lawyer will prepare you well and help make your interview be smoother and on point.