I-140 Transfer

Paramus, NJ |

Have approved I-140 but company has gone out of business. Can an approved I-140 be transferred to other company with similar business?

This is NOT a Workers' Compensation question. Please re-post under Immigration Law.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

What is an I-140, that it relates to workers' compensation? You don't indicate any injury, just a form that you want to transfer to a new company/employer. It sounds like either immigration and/or employment law. You should post this question on that question list.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.

Workers comp is for on the job injuries. This would be better posted in immigration law section.