I-140 Transfer

Asked 6 months ago - Paramus, NJ

Have approved I-140 but company has gone out of business. Can an approved I-140 be transferred to other company with similar business?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael T Warshaw

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . What is an I-140, that it relates to workers' compensation? You don't indicate any injury, just a form that you want to transfer to a new company/employer. It sounds like either immigration and/or employment law. You should post this question on that question list.

    The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is... more
  2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is NOT a Workers' Compensation question. Please re-post under Immigration Law.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful"... more
  3. Brett A. Borah

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Workers comp is for on the job injuries. This would be better posted in immigration law section.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,145 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,145 answers this week

2,917 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary