I-140 STRANGE STATUS UPDATE

Bronx, NY |

My I-140 approval notice states 5/21 "The petition indicates that person for whom you are petitioning is in United States and will apply for adjustement of status"
On 5/29 online case status changed to " we have sent your approved visa petition to department of state for visa processing'

I had already a pending I-485 Based on previously filed NIW EB2 application and had requested interfiling to currently approved EB2 application. I am confused as to whats going on.

Sounds like a system glitch. Just call the customer service line to ask if the have an explanation. Don't give too much importance to the system update.

Attorney Jennifer Ahn's answer is to provide general information only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The content of this answer is not intended to substitute accurate legal advice, which is relevant to all the facts and circumstances of your specific case. This answer does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. One more sad example of a notorious USCIS "system glitch" (or screw up). Call the USCIS Nationwide Toll Free number to have them investigate and open a "service request" to fix the erroneous data.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

My colleagues are right. It's probably just a system glitch that you shouldn't put too much credence in.