I-140 Receipt Number

West New York, NJ |

Hi all,

I have my i-140 receipt number and my ex-employer claims that he received approval 3 days ago.

when i check on the USCIS website it still says in initial review.

how can i make sure that its just because of delay on the USCIS end to update the website? Does it take sometime before USCIS update it on the website?

I just want to make sure that i am not given any wrong information.

Thanks.

EX-employer?????????

I'd be concerned as to what value, if any, this I-140 will have.

Yes, the website can be wrong, it often is.

Is there a lawyer helping??????

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

The approval of an I-140 filed by an x-employer will only serve to give you an additional 3 years H-1B extension when filed by a different employer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Ex-employer? That makes any approval of dubious(though not worthless) value. The USCIS online website is not a reliable source of accurate information. If you are so concerned, ask your ex-employer to provide you with a copy of the notice.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

My ex-employer will not share that approval notice and I want to retain the date from my previous I-140 to new one which was 3 years ago. Is there a way to get the document under the law of information right. Please advice. Thanks,

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

A well crafted Freedom of Information Act request can result in the production of a redacted copy of the approval notice which should be sufficient to preserve the old priority date. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the specific facts of your case and advise you how best to proceed.

Ex-employer??

www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630