I-140 question

Asked over 1 year ago - Vernon Hills, IL

Have EAD card, approved i-140 , I-485 pending for more than six months. Getting laid off next month. If employer withdraws I-140 does my GC/EAD gets affected?"

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not really, but the optimism will only hold had you fond a same or similar position and soon.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you do not work full-time in the same or similar occupational classification for another employer, then yes the green card will be affected.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Sofia Mitkova Zneimer


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that
    the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 will remain valid. You must submit evidence to the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the petition was filed.

    This answer provides general information and should not be considered legal advise giving rise to attorney-client... more
  4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Such changes do affect your prospective eligibility, yes.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,454 answers this week

2,361 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,454 answers this week

2,361 attorneys answering