I-140 question

Asked over 1 year ago - Vernon Hills, IL

Have EAD card, approved i-140 , I-485 pending for more than six months. Getting laid off next month. If employer withdraws I-140 does my GC/EAD gets affected?"

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Not really, but the optimism will only hold had you fond a same or similar position and soon.

2. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . If you do not work full-time in the same or similar occupational classification for another employer, then yes the green card will be affected.

3. Sofia Mitkova Zneimer

Pro

3

Answered . If the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that
    the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 will remain valid. You must submit evidence to the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the petition was filed.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Such changes do affect your prospective eligibility, yes.