I-130 Will my son be a Derivative Beneficiary on Same I-130.

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

Hi, I am Green card holder and in process of filing for my wife and 1 yr old sun. I am bit confused as I am getting conflicting advice regarding do I need to file separate I-130 for my 1 yrs old son. It is my understanding that my son will be a derivative beneficiary and his name should be included in question 17 C ( List husband/wife all children of your relative) and does not require a separate I-130.
Does my son need a separate I-130 or he should be included in same I-130 of my wife

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . He is an immediate relative so you will ned to file a separate petition for him

2. Ilona Dzhamgarova

Answered . You have to file separate I 130 petition for your son.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You need a separate petition for him.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

4. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . Agree, he needs a separate petition as an immediate family member.

5. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you must file a separate I-130 for your son.

6. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . Its your choice.
    It is advisable to retain an Immigration Lawyer to represent you and explain the process to you.
    Goodluck.

7. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Answered . As a green card holder petitioner, your family are not immediate relatives. So you are ok with one petition unless you will naturalize before they enter the us. At that time everyone will need a separate petition.