I-130 petition without my knowledge

Asked 10 months ago - Dallas, TX

I just found out that my brother petitioned for me an I130 without my knowledge ten years ago. He said he knows these things take forever so he did not want my hopes up. The problem is I have a tourist visa and in the form I wrote that I have never petitioned for a US GC. Have I done something illegal? Will my I-130 be revoked know when the priority number becomes valid? I have never stayed over my visa limit. I only used the tourist visa for short vacations.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Contact the consulate and inform them Explain the situation and see if they allow you to keep the visa. You will be wise to do that.

2. Danielle L C Beach

1

Answered . You should be fine as this is not an immediate relative petition and currently they are processing 2001 so unless yours was filed near that time you have a long wait. You should in future put sibling petition filed if it asks that

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . If you truly didn't know, then you didn't know.