I-130 petition for 16 years old spouse?

Baltimore, MD |

hi, I recently got married abroad in Pakistan, my wife is 16 years old, according to the Pakistani marriage law, the boy must be 18 and girl must be 16 years of age to get married. I live in Maryland, and I Maryland female must be 16 to get married with one of the parental consent. my question , can I petition I-130 for her, without any issues. or I will have to wait till she turns 18?

1. Go ahead and file the petition. If there are any issues USCIS will notify you. I recommend you hire an attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with Mr. Murphy, but point out that State Department consular officials have the right to review all approved I-130 petitions. They may seek revocation from USCIS, where they believe that the facts suggest violation of the Foreign Affairs Manual. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

4. You can file now.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics