I-130 petition

New Florence, PA |

It has been 10 days since LUSCIOUS Chicago lock box received our petition and until now we did not receive any email from them . Is this normal ? If not , how much time does it take to receive an email from them ?

It usually takes 2-3weeks for a receipt

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

it has been one month and 14 days now and still no e-mail no mail nothing at all. Is this normal?

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Not normal to have received nothing. Has the check been cashed? If so, on the back you will find the case # assigned to the petition. You can then make any enquiry based on that number.

my wife payed with a bank draft and we cannot check if it was cashed or not at least until next Sunday.

10 days is like a fraction of a second in the world of immigration. Just be patient

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

How long do you think all the process is going to take? 6 months?

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

for an I-130 to be approved? under which category? Immediate relatives - about 6 months. But processing times are posted on uscis.gov.

immediate relative of a US citizen.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

about 6 months

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

maybe little less, I just had several approved in under 6 months

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

sometimes there are delays. If you sent it by certified mail, you can track the receipt

express mail and it arrived and was received in the chicago lock boz February 5th 2013.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

then wait

You need to wait a little longer before making inquiries. I am also unsure if you are asking about email or mail.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

E-mail as I sent the e-notification form.

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

I see. Yes, just be little more patient, and you will certainly get a confirmation of filing, provided you filed it correctly.

I believe I did I filled it with black ink pen as typing it did not allow me to write as much and it was helping me. Is this ok?

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

Yes, this is fine. What I also mean, is that you signed where needed and mailed to the correct location.

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

I would recommend waiting 30 days and if you do not receive anything, then inquire. It normally takes about 2 weeks to receive a confirmation of filing.

1) It takes more than 10 days for USCIS to do just about anything
2) It is USCIS not LUSCIOUS.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The website automatically corrected it as luscious but I know it is USCIS and wrote it so. Thanks for your answer.

It is completely normal. Be patient for a few more weeks.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

In order to track your filing or request information from USCIS you need a receipt number.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics