I-130 petition (daughter for parent)

Corona, NY |

at my asylum court hearing in 1997, the judge told me that if my diseased husband, a winner of DV 98 was not able to gain me a green card then I should go back to my country. i was denied the dv and I received a letter to leave US within a year. my daughter is filing I-130 for me Is my situation considered immigration proceedings? If yes which box should I check on my I-130 application item: Removal, Exclusion Deportation, Rescission, or Judicial Proceedings. Or check NO

It might help to review that mysterious letter that gave you a free stay in the country for a one year period, which you, unlike anyone else in deportation proceedings received from the judge. If you were in removal proceedings, judges do not have the authority to offer you a year long stay in the USA. My point is, your daughter really needs to take all your immigration history to an immigration attorney for a review or you might be setting yourself up for quite a disappointment.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

This is complicated - consult an attorney before applying. Take all your paperwork to that attorney.

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics