I-130 petition (daughter for parent)

Asked over 1 year ago - Corona, NY

at my asylum court hearing in 1997, the judge told me that if my diseased husband, a winner of DV 98 was not able to gain me a green card then I should go back to my country. i was denied the dv and I received a letter to leave US within a year. my daughter is filing I-130 for me Is my situation considered immigration proceedings? If yes which box should I check on my I-130 application item: Removal, Exclusion Deportation, Rescission, or Judicial Proceedings. Or check NO

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It might help to review that mysterious letter that gave you a free stay in the country for a one year period, which you, unlike anyone else in deportation proceedings received from the judge. If you were in removal proceedings, judges do not have the authority to offer you a year long stay in the USA. My point is, your daughter really needs to take all your immigration history to an immigration attorney for a review or you might be setting yourself up for quite a disappointment.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Dana Roxana Bucin

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . This is complicated - consult an attorney before applying. Take all your paperwork to that attorney.

    This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,289 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,289 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering