I-130 petition (daughter for parent)

Asked over 1 year ago - Corona, NY

at my asylum court hearing in 1997, the judge told me that if my diseased husband, a winner of DV 98 was not able to gain me a green card then I should go back to my country. i was denied the dv and I received a letter to leave US within a year. my daughter is filing I-130 for me Is my situation considered immigration proceedings? If yes which box should I check on my I-130 application item: Removal, Exclusion Deportation, Rescission, or Judicial Proceedings. Or check NO

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . It might help to review that mysterious letter that gave you a free stay in the country for a one year period, which you, unlike anyone else in deportation proceedings received from the judge. If you were in removal proceedings, judges do not have the authority to offer you a year long stay in the USA. My point is, your daughter really needs to take all your immigration history to an immigration attorney for a review or you might be setting yourself up for quite a disappointment.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

Answered . This is complicated - consult an attorney before applying. Take all your paperwork to that attorney.