I-130 pending

Vicksburg, MS |

I am a green card holder, married with a US citizen and live in Vicksburg. Lasti year in January 2012 I file I-130 for my son (under 21). And up to now still no news. I am just wondering how to speed up the process. The reason I file him for a green card he finished highschool and like to continue to college here. If green card take too long, can he apply for a student visa without jeopardizing I-130.

Thank you and look forward.

Henny Blinka

1. you can try, but they will most likely deny the student visa since he has a pending I-130 - immigrant intent

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. I would not recommend filing for a student visa with a pending I-130 for the reason given by my colleague.

3. I agree. I would wait for the determination on his immigrant visa. He would not likely be eligible for the student visa because of immigrant intent.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.