Skip to main content

I-130 pending

Vicksburg, MS |

I am a green card holder, married with a US citizen and live in Vicksburg. Lasti year in January 2012 I file I-130 for my son (under 21). And up to now still no news. I am just wondering how to speed up the process. The reason I file him for a green card he finished highschool and like to continue to college here. If green card take too long, can he apply for a student visa without jeopardizing I-130.

Thank you and look forward.

Henny Blinka

Attorney Answers 3

  1. you can try, but they will most likely deny the student visa since he has a pending I-130 - immigrant intent

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. I would not recommend filing for a student visa with a pending I-130 for the reason given by my colleague.

  3. I agree. I would wait for the determination on his immigrant visa. He would not likely be eligible for the student visa because of immigrant intent. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics