I-130 or I-212 that is to be file first

Asked over 1 year ago - Kansas City, KS

i was deported and i wanna know what do i file first the I - 130 or I - 212 i m married to us citizen with 1 kid

1. Mark Robert Barr

5

Answered . I-130, although it will be your spouse that petitions for you.

2. Laura Justine Jacobson

4

Answered . Though the I-130 is technically the first step, you need to talk to an immigration lawyer before starting this process. If you came back to the U.S. without permission after being deported, you might not even qualify to get legal status through your U.S. citizen spouse. This is a complicated case, and you need to talk to someone who knows how to help you before exposing yourself to more problems.

3. Evelyne M Hart

2

Answered . If you've cleared the bar, then you do not need to file an I-212. If you haven't cleared the bar, then you would file your I-130 first.