I-130 is transfered to different place and not processed yet

Herndon, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi, I had filed I-130 for my spouse on March 2012. It went to the Vermount Service Center. I am a permanent resident filing for my spouse. I got confirmation reciept I-797 from them. My I-130 was at Vermount for 15 months and now as they say it has been transferred to Texas service center, which does not even the current processing time. The visa bulletin, on other hand, says that is processing priority date of October 2011. I have called USCIS plenty of time but cant get any clue. More than anything else, I am just wondering if this is only with my case or all those who filed I-130 in/during March 2012 at Vermount Center. Can someone please help me with some other cases filed during that period at Vermount center? For God sake please find the truth for me.

Truth of what? USCIS is free to distribute any and all applications filed with it to its various offices. It is also free to prioritize adjudications based on when the priority date is expected to be current.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

USCIS takes its time adjudicating petitions when the priority date is not yet current.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleague. I have had plenty of cases where USCIS transfers the case from one service center to another. It is best if you consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.