Skip to main content

I 130 infopass appointment

Orlando, FL |

Hi everyone!
i filed i 130 for my spouse(abroad )about 2 years ago when i was LPR about 5 months i become citizen and i upgraded our case by phone and i sent to uscis a copy of naturalisation , number receipt and copy of passport then we didn't hear nothing from them i called them many many many times they tell me the case is in process that's so frustring . my i 130 doesn't approve yet and i'm tired of waiting so i made an infopass .when i went there they didn't give me any good information .i asked them why my case took that long time they told me that because they have many cases and they asked me to be more patient .
sincerely i can't stand waiting.
How long does my case take to get approved after my infopass?
i appreciate your helps.
Thank you all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no simple answer to your question because you should call an immigration attorney. In the meantime, I am going to use this opportunity to share some advice.

U.S. citizen spouses sometimes must decide whether they wish to ride a taxi or a subway. You have clearly decided to ride the subway. By this I mean that you decided to take a map in your hand and try to figure out the immigration and visa system by yourself. When you became lost, you asked others where to go and -- unfortunately -- you had to hope that they were telling you the truth.

However, U.S. citizen spouses can also decide to ride a taxi. By this I mean you can spend a bit of money, consult an immigration professional and that person will guide you with experience and confidence. You won't get lost and you will be able to ask all your questions along the way.

I wish you the best. And I hope you consult with an immigration professional soon.

For more information, click through to the web site.


Hi. There are a few things you can do. One is to retain an attorney to look into what is going on wit the I-130 petition. Another is to apply for a K-3 for your spouse. You became eligible for the K-3 when you became a citizen. The K-3 petition is filed with Immigration (USCIS) in the U.S. and, normally, takes about 90 days to approve. Once approved it will still be several months before your spouse is scheduled for an interview at the Consulate in his home country.

When your spouse arrives on the K-3 you will have to petition for your spouse all over again in the your spouse can get the green card.

The above is a complex procedure and you should defnitely hore an attorney so you do not waste time and money.

We would be happy to help you.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer