I-130 Form Question 14 "If your relative is currently in the US, complete the following..."

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

Just We need a little extra help..... In the form I-130 Question 14 ""If your relative is currently in the US, complete the following, he or she arrived as a: (visitor, student,......).... What should we put? My wife is a US Citizen

My immigration history..... I came with a J1 Exchange Visitor Visa, then change to F1 Student (my current visa)..... I'm in the US right now.....

Thanks

Mr. Capriotti thanks for your quick reply.... My wife is the petitioner, I'm the beneficiary.......I know the column on the right is the ALIEN (myself) information..... Question 14 Information about your relative....

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . I agree with attorney Capriotti, the forms will become even more complicated. If you entered as a J1, enter J1.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It is your wife that is filing the form, not you. Therefore, question 14 refers to you.

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . The column on the right is for the ALIEN's information ... not the US citizen's.

You should meet with an attorney ... as you go on to more forms, the questions will become more complicated.

If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/